Supporting the health and wellbeing of our staff is a key priority for Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
Staff Health and Wellbeing Support Service Helpline
The team provide a confidential service and they can offer initial pastoral support for people who find themselves in distress, before signposting and supporting people to access the support services they need. The team will also respond to any HandW related enquiries from Trust staff and managers, providing information, guidance and support, wherever possible.
Vivup Employee Assistance Programme
Vivup is an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that the Trust has commissioned and can be accessed by all Trust staff. As well as offering a range of benefits and discounts for staff, Vivup provides some excellent resources to support staff health and wellbeing.
By using Vivup you can access support, advice, and information for problems at work and home to help with your mental health and wellbeing. This includes: Anxiety | Bereavement | Stress | Depression | Workplace Issues | Trauma | Relationships | Finances | Family Difficulties
- Telephone support service – available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Website –The ‘Help and Support’ menu on the main page contains links to all of their health and wellbeing resources.
- App – You can download the Vivup app for your mobile devices from the usual app stores. Use your usual Trust login details to register and sign in. As well as being able to link to their website and access the resources, there is blog that features a range of interesting health and wellbeing related articles.
- Counselling – Trust staff can access a range of free confidential counselling services through Vivup. and they will help to put you in contact with one of their fully qualified counsellors and support specialists.
- Self Help CBT Resources – You can access a range of downloadable PDF self-help workbooks. These cover many emotional and mental health related conditions and experiences. They also provide easy read PDF versions as well as self-help audiobooks.
- MyMindPal – Through Vivup we can access the MyMindPal app for free.
- Podcasts – podcasts are also currently available to access from Vivup.
ICS Wellbeing Hub
The Trust will be hosting and providing a Wellbeing Hub and Service for the Integrated Care Services in the Nottingham and Nottinghamshire region. This will provide health and wellbeing support for staff from all health and social care service in the area. We expect it will start to launch later in February and more detailed information will be provided as this moves forward.
We are working with a small group of colleagues from the Trust to create some Walk Maps that we hope will eventually be available for many of our Trust sites. By promoting routes in your work areas that people can use to take walks during their breaks etc., we hope to be able to promote both HandW and environmental themes and benefits. Our aspiration is to make this interactive – so that people could see information about the routes; access blogs and tell us what they think of their walks, either by text or visually. When ready the Walk Maps should be available on-line and on site. We will initially be developing 2 walk maps for sites that have already made some progress with this. We will then be able to use these as examples of what can be done and then you will be able to contact us if you’d like support to create walk maps for your areas and sites.
Mindfulness for Staff Wellbeing
Mindfulness is a way of paying attention to, and seeing clearly whatever is happening in our lives. It will not eliminate life’s pressures, but it can help us respond to them in a calmer manner that benefits our heart, head, and body.
Our Staff Mindfulness Team, offers a range of courses free to staff within the Trust as well as drop in sessions and Wellbeing workshops.
The Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care team covers the whole Trust and provides a service for both patients/service users and staff. They are open to all people whether they have a specific religion, spirituality or none.
The team are happy to listen to, support and work with staff to find the best way to support them. Whether it is the demands or effects of work pressures or personal life – you can contact them.