Preparing for a virtual interview or assessment centre using Microsoft Teams
1. You will receive an email from the interview panel advising you of the date and time of your interview and a second email confirming the detail of your group assessments. Please ensure that you read this through as you maybe required to have materials ready for the group exercises.
2. You will need a good internet, WIFI or mobile data connection. Make sure your data allowance is enough for video calls or you could be charged.
3. You should be in a private room. Try to make sure you won’t be disturbed. Turn off any devices such as Alexa or Google Home.
4. At the time of your interview and/or group exercise please click on the link at the bottom of the email that says 'Join online Teams Meeting' this will take you through to a lobby area and advise you the interviewers/assessor know you are waiting. The interviewers/assessor will then invite you into the meeting.
5. Make sure you are not sat directly in front of a window in day light. This can make it difficult to see your face.
6. You can use any charged up computer, tablet or smartphone with a camera and microphone. Make sure the camera and microphone are enabled.
7. Use the web browser that came with your computer, tablet or smartphone. If using a Windows computer do not use Internet Explorer instead use, Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
8. If possible, use a set of headphones or earphones with an in-built microphone. The earphones that come with a smartphone are ideal.
During the Interview/Assessment Centre
1. The appointing manager if the interview or the member of the recruitment team if conducting the Group assessment, will talk you through the exercise. If you are unsure, cannot hear or see the assessor please say using your microphone or use the chat facility on Teams.
2. To access the chat facility please click on the chat button and type into the window this will let the assessor know if you are having any issues.
3. During an exercise the assessor may share their screen to show you some information needed for the exercise, if you cannot see this or are having any difficulties please use the chat facility above or your microphone.
4. The assessor will advise you on the timeframes for the assessment and provide a warning 5 minutes prior to the end of the exercise.
At the end of the Interview/Assessment centre
1. Please take the opportunity during the interview and/or at the end of the group exercise to ask any questions from the assessors. This is your opportunity to find out more about the role , department and service.
2. You will be advised at the end of the session the next steps of the process and how you will be contacted with the outcome of the session, and how to obtain feedback.
3. The facilitier usually a member of the recruitment team will ensure that all your questions have been answered prior to ending the session.
4. If we can change to The member of the recruitment team that is facilitating the session will end the call when the session has finished and then the rest above, you can also disconnect ……