The Bank is the name we use for our temporary staffing service, and is like an internal recruitment agency. It allows to keep our services running smoothly as we’re able to provide cover for gaps in staffing from a ‘bank’ of people registered with us.
Within Nottinghamshire Healthcare, our bank team provide cover to a variety of teams both clinical and non-clinical, in order to ensure that our services are fully staffed and operating to the best that they can be. They are an essential part of the Trust, providing short notice cover for absences, picking up additional shifts during busy periods and more. The Bank is made up of a mixture of substantive staff members who want to work extra shifts, or external people who only work bank shifts. These staff play a vital role in ensuring high standards of patient care are maintained, meaning these temporary workers are highly valued.
As a Bank worker you will be employed by the Trust, and you can choose the shifts, days and hours that you work. You are in charge and are in full control of the hours you chose to work each week, making it an excellent option for flexible working to suit your lifestyle.
Why Join the Bank?
Our Bank staff enjoy a great range of benefits, including:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Enhanced rates of pay for unsocial hours
- Flexibility to pick and choose when and where you work to suit your lifestyle
- First pick of shifts via an online system
- Opportunities to gain experience in a variety of specialist teams, helping you to develop your skills and build on your career
- Ability to apply for internal vacancies
- Access to NHS Pension Scheme
- Access to NHS discounts and benefits
- Access to Wagestream, allowing you to stream wages before payday
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing support services
- Induction and mandatory training provided & paid for attending
How to Join the Bank
Whatever your skill set, grade or specialty, we can offer you a flexible work pattern to suit your needs.
There are certain positions that we recruit to regularly through the bank. These include:
- Health care support worker
There is a recruitment process to join the bank. You will need to apply online via our vacancies page. If you application meets the criteria, you will then be invited for an interview. If successful at interview, a series of pre-employment checks will be carried out before you’ll be given a start date. You’ll also be required to complete mandatory training as part of your induction.
Once you have completed these steps, you can then choose which shifts and areas you want to work.
If you already work for Nottinghamshire Healthcare, and you would like to join our Bank (doing the same role as your substantive post), then you can access an Application Form and further details via Connect.